Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Textbook Review: Ewha Korean Workbook 2-1 English Version

A couple days ago, I posted a review about the Ewha Korean textbook that I purchased six months ago from here. Along with it, I decided to pick up the workbook so I could get in a bit more practice than the textbook offered. The structure of it is very similar to that of the textbook when it comes to the way it's laid out.

The content is aimed to help you further develop your understanding of the grammar points and vocabulary taught in the textbook. The practice exercises include:

  • Multiple Choice
  • Fill In The Blanks
  • Short Responses
  • True or False
  • Extended Response
  • ....etc.

Unlike the textbook, this book doesn't include colorful photos, characters, or any English whatsoever BUT none of that is really necessary here. I like the fact that there are not any reviews of the grammar or English translations included in it because grammar was already covered in the textbook and would just take up space. As for not including English, I believe personally that at this level it's possible to comprehend all of the questions. This book immediately goes right into reviewing and I also really love that about it. No extra fluff to distract (which happens easily) or confuse me. The back of the book includes an answer key (not pictured here) for ALL the questions in the book and that fact alone makes me want to dance. I can't express how much I despise books that have practice exercises and don't include the answers. Fortunately, this is not one of those.

Overall, I give this workbook a 10/10. I'm a very critical person, especially when it comes to my books but this one just has everything I needed as a supplementary aid and it by far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend this book and the textbook together because they really do complete each other. They are fantastic for self learners and have helped me immensely.


Apparently, the workbook is also supposed to come with a CD, but for whatever reason, mine did not. I cannot review the CD because I have yet to get my hands one one ㅠㅠ.

[Book Description]

Page : 120 pages


- Size : 7.4 x 10 in ( 188 x 254 mm )
- Language : Written in Korean Language (Hangul)
- ISBN-13 : 9788973009220
- ISBN-10 : 8973009222
- Publisher : Ewha Womans University Ewha Language Center
- Contents : Book + CD

To purchase the workbook from where I did, click here. To purchase the textbook, click here.


This book was purchased by me and is not sponsored in any way, shape, or form. What's written here are my carefully formed opinions and by no mean reflect the publishing company or author. The photos here are also personally taken by me with no copyright infringement intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment